In my family, it’s an aunt and an uncle. My friends? Many….too many. I had my own scare once, many years ago. Fortunately turned out to be nothing. But not to me. It set me on a quest to figure out what I was missing, emotionally and physically. What else do I need to do to strengthen my body and mind?
I attended a movie last night, “Healing Cancer From Inside Out”. The first part is about the numbers, the money and the ego involved with the “curing” of cancer. The second part is the “healing” of cancer. The presenter lost her mother to cancer and just found out her mother-in-law found lumps in her breast. I attended with a friend who had breast cancer. Is she cured? Is she healed? All we can do is stay on a healthy eating, exercise, and emotional track. Doing our best to keep our immune system healthy.
Below is part of an email sent out by Hippocrates Health Institute:
This information is currently circulating on the internet and is purportedly part of a report generated by scientists at Johns Hopkins. We aren’t sure about the origin of this report, however, it does contain a lot of good information (much of which Hippocrates Health Institute has been teaching for years).
AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY (TRY THE KEY WORD) AND ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHN HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY .
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person’s lifetime.
3. When the person’s immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9 When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.
CANCER CELLS FEED ON:
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet , Equal , Spoonful , etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk, cancer cells are being starved.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds and nuts help put the body into an alkaline environment. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Water-best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from eating meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body’s killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6 , Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body’s own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body’s normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells
This is a lot of information regarding cancer and the treatment of cancer. It’s everything I believe and more. What do you do now? Is most of this new to you? Some of it? What are you going to do now? Please, share this with your friends and family. Even if you believe they would never go for this, do it anyway. Sometimes just reading these sort of things can change something in people who sit on the fence.
What can you do today to start? It’s a sunny day here. Is it there? The sun is an important source of Vitamin K. Walk somewhere. Not easy, I know, when it’s cold where you are and you are not an outdoor cold weather person, like me. So what do I do? I walk up and dowm my inside stairs a few times. I do yoga (that’s an inside activity). Take any kind of exercise class at the local gym. Most gyms now offer one day memberships. If you are walking outside, walk up a hill. The view from the top is great! Don’t forget your water!
How about some juice this morning instead of that plate of pancakes? Juices prepared at home lack the added sugar and preservatives that store bought juices have. Soy, rice and nut milks…are all healthier, filled with protein and low in fat and calories, not to mention great taste. Lunch? Pick out anything green, something red, something orange and something purple. Yes, these are vegetables. Toss together with a dressing or just munch on. I love to add dried cranberries, raisins and nuts to my salad.
All great ideas. Send me some of your ideas for quick and easy ways to get healthier today.
Today I wish you good health.