The Benefits of Juicing Wheatgrass
These days, everyone is looking for the newest and best “super food”. One that is very quickly becoming popular is wheatgrass juice, because not only is it a dietary source of energy, it is also loaded with vitamins and minerals that are important for maintaining good health. Many people are using wheat grass juice because of the many health benefits it is said to offer.
What Is Wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass is just as the name implies: grass from the wheat plant. This is young grass, and is harvested during the early stages of growth, when the vitamin and mineral content are the highest. Wheatgrass is loaded with vitamins and minerals, including vitamins C and E, as well as B complex vitamins. It is also full of iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, zinc and many other necessary minerals. In addition, wheatgrass is extremely high in chlorophyll, and has more than 15 amino acids and 80 enzymes, and when used in juice form, provides many of the day’s required vitamins and nutrients in a single serving.
Health Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice
The health benefits of wheatgrass juice are numerous.
- Wheatgrass can prevent and/or treat a number of health conditions, and is an excellent source of nutrients that are great for overall good health.
- It can even be used topically for many skin conditions, including sores and rashes.
- Some of the conditions that wheatgrass can help with include: cancer, athlete’s foot, tooth decay, diabetes, weight loss, anemia and acidosis.
- Wheatgrass juice is a known anti-inflammatory, and is wonderful for those suffering from arthritis and other painful conditions that cause swelling.
- Wheatgrass is also an anti-oxidant, and helps to reduce the harm done to the body by the environment (such as the effects of air pollution).
- Wheatgrass can also be used as a protein supplement, because it provides nearly 50% of the daily recommended intake, which, according to the American Heart Association, should be about 35 grams per day for the average adult.
Wheatgrass juice is extremely popular, and many people who use it like to make their own wheat grass juice directly from the grass, rather than buy it pre-made or in powdered form. This is simple to do with the right juicer, such as the Healthy Juicer-Manual Wheatgrass Juicer from Lexen Products. This is one of the best juicers on the market, due to its ruggedness, and the fact that it is so easy to use and clean. The Healthy Juicer is made to juice leafy greens, and is the ideal machine for juicing wheatgrass.
The Healthy Juicer is a masticating juicer, meaning that it crushes and squeezes the greens, extracting much more juice than a regular centrifugal juicer. In addition to leafy greens, the Healthy Juicer also takes pieces of fruits and vegetables, so there are all kinds of options for delicious, healthy wheatgrass drinks.
The benefits of using wheatgrass juice are well-documented, and it has been proven time and time again to be a great tool in fighting many ailments and diseases. The juice is grassy but sweet-tasting, and the pulp that is left over can be used in many first-aid applications, including easing the pain of sunburns.