Oh yeah. What’s better than a creamy-smooth green smoothie full of antioxidants, vitamins, and general good health? A HOLIDAY-THEMED green smoothie full of all the above plus our two favorite holiday flavors: peppermint and chocolate.
This is the perfect way to introduce your meat-and-potatoes-eating relatives to the world of green smoothies, by the way. As they stagger out of their bedrooms after a night of cheese, wine, and awkward family memories resurfacing at inconvenient moments, hand them each a glass of this baby (topped with white chocolate shavings - mmm), and watch their eyes brighten.
This recipes makes enough for six people–increase or decrease depending on how many in-laws are hanging around. You may want to make this in two batches, depending on the size of your blender.
- 6 frozen bananas (peel and freeze the night before)
- 6 cups coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 3 or 4 handfuls of spinach
- 3 handfuls fresh mint leaves (remove the stems)
- Splash of peppermint extract to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons raw cacao or cocoa powder
- Shaved dark and white chocolate for garnish
Blend all the ingredients except the chocolate garnish. Adjust mint flavor to taste by adding more peppermint extract (or more milk, if it’s too peppermint-y). Add more chocolate if you need to; it’s till the Holidays!!
Pour into six cups and garnish with shaved dark and white chocolate and mint leaves. Hug your loved ones and hand them each a glass.