I have waxed poetic about the benefits of wheatgrass, because let’s face it, wheatgrass is amazing. But I have had many people ask me why I love wheatgrass so much and they’ve even gone as far as to dispute it merits. But I’d like to pare the message down to the facts.
Just one shot of wheatgrass is all you need!
Most juices require that you have one to two cups on a consistent basis, but just one shot of wheatgrass a day will change the way you feel from the inside out, and here’s how:
- One ounce contains 103 vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- One ounce of wheatgrass juice represents as much nutritional value as approximately 2.5 pounds of fresh green vegetables.
- Wheatgrass juice is high in chlorophyll.
- It is very high in vitamins A, B-Complex, C, E and K.
- Wheatgrass juice is a natural source of laetrile (B-17).
- It contains beta-carotene, which is found in red, green and yellow pigmented fruits and vegetables. Beta-carotene acts as a scavenger against harmful molecules flowing naturally through the body or through toxins inhaled from cigarette smoke, air pollution and other damaging sources.
- Wheatgrass cleanses, purifies and feeds the body by activating the white blood cells, which boost the body’s immune system.
- Wheatgrass juice is also beneficial for people who need to lose weight or cleanse their bodies.
Worse than a shot of warm Goldschläger
But the taste, right? Well wheatgrass doesn’t have to taste awful! When wheatgrass juice is mixed with fresh fruit juice, it goes from blah to bam! Wheatgrass juice pairs particularly well with:
- Watermelon juice
- Grape juice
- Orange juice
- Apple juice
- And very surprisingly, carrot juice
Wheatgrass juice, despite its reputation, plays very nicely with an assortment of fruit juices, proving once again that a wheatgrass juice shot is the health drink to end all health drinks.
Regardless of the juice, juicing yields amazing benefits for the body. But if you aren’t including wheatgrass juice, you are seriously missing out.