Happy International Women’s Day from 877My Juicer! To celebrate, we’ve compiled a list of handy reminders, fun tips, and free resources for you and/or the women in your life, all centered around leading a healthy life. After all, your health is one of the most important things you’ve been given, and it’s not something to take for granted. So today, we’re all raising our glasses of green juice to your health.
Here are 10 ways you can protect and honor your body, today.
1. Check your beauty products for dangerous chemicals. It’s kind of frightening how many cancer-causing ingredients can be found in the humblest face wash. The Environmental Working Group has a great free database where you can look up all your products and find out just where they land on the clean-dirty spectrum: Skin Deep Cosmetics Database.
3. Don’t forget to give yourself an at-home breast self- exam on the reg. Here’s how.
4. Treat yourself to something fabulously healthy today. How about a salad full of what you love and a tall, cold glass of veggie- and fruit-packed juice to make your skin glow?
5. Stay informed. Womenshealth.gov has information on all sorts of female health topics, from menstruation to pregnancy to breastfeeding to menopause, and everything in between.
6. Don’t forget: it’s okay to say no! Women get a lot of societal pressure to be obliging and accommodating, but if you’re finding it difficult to turn down distracting requests and non-essential side projects, here’s a handy template for saying no, the kind way.
7. Stress is bad, bad, bad for you! But don’t stress, we all suffer from it. Here are a few easy accupressure moves to relax and destress your face. You can do these anywhere! Bonus: these moves give your skin a great glow.
8. While you’re destressing, why don’t you do some quick, easy meditation…
9. …and a simple 5-minute yoga routine that will leave you feeling flexible and amazing?
10. Finally, give yourself the gift of a good night’s sleep tonight. Break out the clean sheets, sprinkle a few drops of lavender essential oil on your pillow, have a cup of chamomile tea, and turn off all technology an hour before bedtime. If you happened to crawl into bed with a box of chocolates and a scandalous novel, we’d say that sounds like the perfect ending.
photo attribute: singersroom.com