Does anyone remember Iron Man 2? The special effects were memorable, but it was Gwyneth Paltrow’s tiny premiere dresses and shorts that had everyone buzzing.
One of the foods that helped Gwyneth get in shape—and maintain her legendary glow—for the worldwide movie premiere was a sweet juice made from our favorite powerhouse veggie: kale.
This isn’t Country Time—Gwyneth’s “lemonade” has a green, grassy flavor, of course, but it’s so simple (3 ingredients + water!) and so healthy that you can pump up the lemon or agave until it’s just perfect for your taste buds.
Drink it first thing in the morning; it will kick-start your immune system and give you a healthy, daylong glow that will make you feel like a movie star.
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and leaves washed
- 2 lemons (kick it up to 3 if you need the extra immune boost)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup cold water
Make the kale lemonade
- Juice the kale and lemon.
- Mix in the agave nectar. Stir well.
- Swirl in the half cup of cold water.
- Taste. More agave? More lemon? It’s up to you.
- Drink it down!
- Consider using the Breville Juice Fountain (this is what I use and it’s quick and easy)
Don’t forget, cruciferous kale is a fantastic source of dietary fiber, manganese, and vitamins K, A, and C. It’s also anti-inflamatory, antioxidant, and it’s even been shown to have anti-cancer properties.
Photo attribute: easyrawfooddetoxdiet.com